The Stomp project is the Streaming Text Orientated Messaging Protocol site (or the Protocol Briefly Known as TTMP and Represented by the symbol :ttmp).
Stomp provides an interoperable wire format so that any Stomp client can communicate with any Stomp broker to provide interoperation of messaging middleware providers with different language Clients and platforms.
Stomp is a very simple and easy to implement protocol. For example you can use Telnet to login to any Stomp broker and interact with it! Many developers have told us that they have managed to write a Stomp client in a couple of hours! to integrate their particular language, runtime or platform into the Stomp network.
- WS-Ramp - SOAP based asynch messaging profile
- WS-ReliableMessaging - SOAP based asynch messaging profile
- WS-Reliability SOAP based async messaging profile. I think this one has fallen out of favor with the WS-Glitterati
- XMPP - XML based messaging protocol originally created for IM, but not really bound to it.
- TOC- Text oriented messaging protocol created for interop with AOL Instant Messenger. I've seen people use it for arbitrary asynch messaging, so am listing it. Please don't serioulsy consider it.