Both binary and source code packages are available, and they come in following flavours:
- The stable version is the latest release from a branch that has been frozen, i.e. no API changes will be made, only critical fixes.
- The current version is the latest release from the current development branch. Although API may still evolve (until this branch becomes the stable one), release are functional, and changes between releases are documented.
- Last revisions of earlier major releases may also be included as necessary.
You can also access current source code from the Subversion repository. Anonymous access can be used like:
svn co svn://svn.staxmate.codehaus.org/staxmate/scm
StaxMate needs following packages to work:
- Stax API jar, if running on JDK earlier than 1.6 (1.6 includes Stax API, i.e. javax.xml.stream package and its sub-packages). Woodstox download page has link to the API jar.
- A Stax implementation. Any Stax 1.0 compliant implementation should work, but following have been tested to work:
- Stax2 extension API. This can be downloaded either separately (see link below), or included within jar ("staxmate-with-stax2" jar). For more information on Stax2, check out Stax2 information page .
Note: different versions of StaxMate may depend on different versions of Stax2 interface.
StaxMate is licensed under BSD .
- Version: 1.0
- Release date: xx-Apr-2007
- WebDav directory: https://dav.staxmate.org/staxmate/1.0.0
- Binaries (jar):
- staxmate-1.0.0.jar : does NOT include Stax2 API classes.
- staxmate-with-stax2-1.0.0.jar : DOES include Stax2 API classes.
- stax2.jar (v2.0) (extension API on top of plain vanilla Stax 1.0). NOTE: only needed if not included as part of StaxMate or Stax implementation jars (Woodstox for example does included these classes)
- Source packages:
- none as of yet -