The Groovy Series is an audio lecture on Groovy and is part of the Grails Podcast. The episodes are produced by Dierk König (Lead author of the book Groovy in Action) and Sven Haiges. You will find complementary information about the topics below in Dierk's Book and we mention the page numbers at the beginning of each series to help you find the right chapters.
Code Examples at snipplr.com
The code examples that we discuss in the podcasts are posted to snipplr.com, you can find all code snippets here. Please note that we cannot change the code snippets once they are published (we would run into problems with mentioned line numbers in the podcast), but you are invited to post comments. Simply log in to snipplr and leave us some feedback.
Current Groovy Series Planning
This is a rough plan and we might switch topics, add or delete at any time. The Groovy Series Episodes will be part of the Grails Podcast and published between regular episodes. You can subscribe to the podcast feed via: http://hansamann.podspot.de/rss. Once the podcast episodes are released, you can click the title links to download the mp3 files manually, too.
- Strings & GStrings (direct mp3)
- Regular Expressions (direct mp3)
- Numbers (direct mp3)
- Snippet 1/1: http://snipplr.com/view/2093/groovy-series-numbers/
- Ranges (direct mp3)
- Snippet 1/1: http://snipplr.com/view/2197/groovy-series-ranges/
- Background on Groovy Typing
- Groovy Control Structures
- Classes / Objects / Scripts
- GroovyBeans (incl. Expando)
- GPath & Co
- GDK - Working with Objects
- GDK - Files & I/O
- GDP - Threads and Processes
- Java Integration
- DB Programming with Groovy
- XML Part 1 / XML Standalone
- XML Distributed (RSS, ATOM, REST)