BTM ships with SLF4J which is a logging facade much like Apache Commons Logging but it's safe to use in application servers unlike Commons Logging which suffers from complex class loading issues.
By default, BTM is shipped with slf4j-jdk14.jar which is the the JSR 047 logging API (aka JDK 1.4 logging) wrapper. If you want to use another logger, simply delete the slf4j-jdk14.jar file and replace it with any one from this list:
- slf4j-jdk14.jar for JSR 047 logging.
- slf4j-log4j12.jar for Apache Log4J 1.2.x.
- slf4j-log4j13.jar for Apache Log4J 1.3.x.
- slf4j-nop.jar for no logging (logs are silently dropped).
- slf4j-simple.jar for simple STDOUT output.
Those JARs come from the 1.0.2 distribution of SLF4J.