MapBuilder is a powerful, standards compliant geographic mapping client which runs in a web browser.
Development Community Mapbuilder 1.5 (rc2): Introduces a broad set of new features, including:
- Vector rendering using OpenLayers
- Base layers like Google Maps
- Improved coordinate reprojection
- Compatibility with Internet Explorer 7 and Firefox 3.
If you are new to Mapbuilder or want to take advantage of recent feature additions, you should use this release. Download 1.5 (rc2).
Stable Community MapBuilder 1.0.1 Release: This is a minor release which replaces obsolete WMS services with new ones and fixes a few minor bugs. If you intend to use Mapbuilder in productive environments, this is what you should use. Download 1.0.1 Release.
- Browser based mapping client
- Excels at transforming and rendering XML documents (like GML, Context etc) using XSLT in the browser.
- Standards compliant, supports the Open Geospatial consortium(OGC) standards
- Renders maps from Web Map Services (WMS), Web Feature Services (WFS), GeoRSS, Google Maps
- Supports editing map features to Transactional Web Feature Services (WFS-T)
- Allows users to build their own maps, then save and share them, using Web Map Context (WMC) and Open Web Services Context
- Fast and interactive - built using AJAX
- Works with most modern browsers (Firefox 1.0+, Internet Explorer 6.0+, Mozilla 1.3+)
- Customisable and easy to extend
- Open source under the LGPL licence
If you wish to learn more, you can try the on-line interactive tutorial or the Examples and read the on-line user-guide.
Mapbuilder in Action