You are viewing an old version of this page. View the current version. Compare with Current · View Page History
Notes to work out in later sections:
- Graph-based artifact resolution
- Decouple from Maven's core
- Binary graph that is pre-resolved for a POM
- Artifacts should never be automatically updated, the update policy should be never by default
- Repository defintions forbidden in POMs. Move toward having teams setup with the repositories they need. So that all artifact resolution processes start with a known set of repositories. This radically simplifies artifact resolution and avoids all chicken-egg problems. Teams in OSS or corporate must move toward using a proxy and/or have their settings.xml file synced up for the team. This also avoids all the crap of putting repositories in for snapshots and then taking them out. This will make the process deterministic.
- The central repository definition is also removed from the SuperPOM and the repository definition moves to a standard settings.xml file. This way all repository definition are moved to a place where they can be easily altered. No more "mirrors" and replace versus cascading. It's all upfront and the set of repositories are fully defined before resolution. Yes this requires some stringent upfront checking to make sure things are intact but removes all question as to how resolution works.