The following items need documentation.
When documenting, please create a page for each and link to it.
- 'special' variables like 'owner' in Closures, 'out' in Groovlets etc.
- handling of "return, break, and continue"
- open blocks vs closed blocks
- general typing approach (explicit static typing vs duck typing)
- 'as' keyword with its different meanings
- method dispatch algorithm
- Name scoping rules.
- scoping rules for Closures
- Method calls and property references, in all their complexity.
- Conversion rules, in all their complexity.
- conversion vs coercion vs autoboxing
- Standard injected methods (e.g., List.collect).
- Class member naming conventions, and other JVM interfaces.
- Some part of the metaobject protocol. (The rest predicted and planned for 2.0.)
- Annotation support
- Swing builder
- more builder documentation
- usage of the javax.script APIs with Groovy