What's in Griffon?
A Roadmap has been drawn up.
New Feature Development
Names subject to change
- A desktop variant of the Grails/Rails project structure could be supported, with deployment to Applets, WebStart, or vanilla client Jar files.
- UberBuilder - a compositing FactoryBuilderSupport class, which allows seamless merging of existing Builders
- GUIBuilder - An UberBuilder with SwingBuilder, SwingXBuilder, and GraphicsBuilder pre-loaded.
Groovy Core R&D for Desktop stuff
Quicker cycling and more risky experimental changes to some core Groovy classes will be done here as well
- FactoryBuilderSupport - needed changes for UBerBuidler to work
- SwingBuilder - needed changes for UberBuidler to work
There are lots of things Griffon could move into, for example
- A home for the multiple GUI builders for Groovy, It may be worthwhile to merge SwingXBuilder, JIDEBuilder, and GraphicsBuilder under a single code base (still with separate releases).
- GORM integration from Grails 1.1
- JavaFX Wrappers for the GUI Builders