The developer manifesto
Developers of Sonar core should
- build with maven before commiting to subversion
- commit frequently (at least one time per day)
Tips and tricks
Connect to Derby from command line
- download derby(the same version as used by sonar)
- set the DERBY_HOME property
- execute the command $DERBY_HOME/bin/ij
- connect to the database :
Compare XML files from JUnit
Use XMLUnit. The dependency is already defined into maven.
Warning : There's a bug on the similar() method. Contrary to the documentation, it fails if nodes are not in the same order.
Override Object.equals() and hashCode()
You can use EqualsBuilder and HashCodeBuilder from commons-lang to simplify. Just define the fields to compare. Example on the Rule class :