- For each of the available dotnet archetypes:
- Create a project from the archetype
- Build the project at the command line
- Generate a solution for the project
- Open the solution in Visual Studio and build the project using the VS Addin
- Import (generate poms) and then build each of the projects in sandbox/dotnet-examples using the VS Addin
- The 'flat' ones won't generate a correct pom at the moment.
- Build each of the projects in sandbox/dotnet-examples/with-pom at the command line
- Generate solutions for each of the projects in sandbox/dotnet-examples/with-pom and try them in VS
- Introduce a dependency on a snapshot artifact that is available in a remote repo, and build the project
- Introduce a <parent> element to a project and build again.
- Try with both a snapshot and a released parent
- Try all of the VS Addin features at least once
- Import a project (generate poms)
- Add NMaven Artifact (does it add to the solution file also?)
- Add Reference (does it add to the pom? should it? (Framework dependencies shouldn't be in the pom.))
- Remove NMaven Artifact (does it remove from the solution? does it remove anything it shouldn't?) (... does this menu option still exist or do we just use Remove Reference?)
- Remove Reference (does it remove from the pom?)
Note: Delete your local repository, pab and uab directories frequently to test that artifacts can be resolved from a remote repo.
TODO: Compare generated solutions & poms with expected/golden files