- Check out Groovy from SVN or grab a source zip from the distribution site
- Install Java if required (1.4 or above)
- Install Ant if required (1.7.0 or above preferred)
- Use 'ant clean test' to compile, test and make jars
Note: if you are behind a proxy firewall, you may need to set up proxy information in a
- Use 'ant install' to build doco and zips, and create a complete installation in groovy-core/target/install. Set your GROOVY_HOME to that directory and add the bin directory to your path to use Groovy.
- Use 'ant deploy' to publish the jars to the maven 2 main and snapshot repositories (selected based on whether the POM version contains SNAPSHOT)
Note: to publish you will need to have appropriate permissions with codehaus and ensure that you have stored your credentials in a
~/.m2/settings.xmlfile of the form:
if deploy is failing, then check http://hausmates.codehaus.org/WebDAV "Installing the UserTrust CA into the Java JDK"