Upgrade the server
- stop the server
- backup your database (if you do not use the default embedded database)
- backup the sonar/ directory
- unzip the 1.4 release
- if you used the default embedded database, restore the /data/ directory
- restore the /extensions/jdbc-driver/ and /extensions/rules/ directories. Check that /extensions/plugins/ exists (it should be empty).
- restore the configuration files :
- migration from 1.3 or 1.4RC*: copy the file /conf/sonar.properties. If you activated the JVM -server parameter, uncomment the line 'wrapper.java.additional.2=-server' from /conf/wrapper.conf. Do not re-use the wrapper.conf from previous releases.
- migration from 1.2 : configuration files have been deeply reorganized in 1.3. Read the instructions from this guide.
- if Sonar is deployed on JEE applications, repackage the WAR file by executing the script /war/build-war
- start the server. Note : the startup scripts of the standalone application have been moved to bin/[YOUR PLATEFORM]/, for example :
- browse to http://localhost:9000 and follow setup instructions.
Upgrade the maven plugin
Update the plugin version when collecting measures :