The ChangeLog of PL-J
Please see the list of open issues at http://docs.codehaus.org/display/PLJ
- PL/Java trigger support enhancements
- BSF executor (Groovy Stored Procedures, Jython)
- Completely new build ssytem for the C code, automatic PostgreSQL version detection
- C code restructuring
- API projects is now separated from the main project
- Memory handling improvements
- More JDBC
- JDBC plan pool (preformance improvement)
- java side error handling cleanup
- PostgreSQL 8.0 and 7.4 error handling support
- logging misconfiguration fixed
Fortune cookie message: "Everyone is an exception"
The first beta.
2004. dec. 21.
- Runs on loom (http://loom.codehaus.org/)
- Build system review
- More JDBC (unprepare call, prepared statement internal pool)
- More test
Fortune cookie message: "Let`s be open"
2004. nov 1.
- privileged UDF framework and standard methods to manage classes and jars
- JDBC and channel fixes
- Major changes in the PLJClassLoader interface
- JDBC classloader and underlying table structure added
- FS Classloader rewritten (jar support)
- BSF executor subproject added (for groovy, jython and other BSF based language support)
- automated tests
- test/example package subproject forked (produces jar installable with sqlj.install_jar)
- Lots of fixes in C.
- build system fixes
2004. oct 10.
Maintenance release. This is the first tag logged here.
- new component added to lookup java methods in classes
- PG_TRY and co backported for PostgreSQL 7.4
- Some of cleanup on the C side
- Code merge between the trigger and jsproc call execution
- java executor runs only static methods (iso standard)
- lots of new code in the JDBC
Most important issues:
- JDBC is nearly not fully operational.
- still possible failures in the error handling.