Release 2.2 Upgrade Notes
The property sonar.host.url MUST NOT end with a slash character. Otherwise, JDBC driver is not found by the Sonar Maven plugin. See SONAR-1685. This issue is fixed in version 2.3.
Required plugin upgrades
The following plugins must be upgraded :
- Flex 0.2
- Motion Chart 1.1
- Cobol 1.2
- Visual Basic 1.0.1
Other plugins are compatible.
- SONAR-1398 : Upgrade Checkstyle from version 5.0 to 5.1. There aren't any new rules.
- SONAR-992 : Support several source directories.
- SONAR-1179 : Support Checkstyle custom checks with Maven 2.1+
- SONAR-1536 : The Checkstyle Maven plugin is not executed anymore, Checkstyle being directly executed by SonarQube. It decreases the coupling with Maven and helps to be more reactive with new Checkstyle versions. A consequence is that the existing Checkstyle configuration in pom is not inherited anymore.
- SONAR-1179 : Support PMD custom checks with Maven 2.1+
- SONAR-1537 : Upgrade PMD from 4.2.2 to 4.2.5
- SONAR-1542 : The PMD Maven plugin is not executed anymore, PMD being directly executed by SonarQube. It decreases the coupling with Maven and helps to be more reactive with new PMD versions. A consequence is that the existing PMD configuration in pom is not inherited anymore.
- New rules :
- Simplify Boolean Expressions
- Avoid Throwing New Instance of Same Exception
- Four new rules for Android
When more than 2 files are involved in the same duplication, all duplicated blocks are reported while only 2 were reported before. It potentially increases the number of duplicated blocks, duplicated lines and density of duplicated lines.
When a line is involved in several different duplications, it is now counted only once as a duplicated line. It potentially decreases the number of duplicated lines and density of duplicated lines.
- SONAR-1277 : New property "max memory"
- SONAR-1421 : Upgrade to Cobertura 22.214.171.124 (performance improvements)
Clover 3 is now supported and Clover 1 has been removed. The default used version is upgraded to 2.6.3.
Deploy SonarQube WAR in JEE server
The WAR file is now linked to the Sonar directory (the directory where the distribution is unzipped). It implies :
- No need to rebuild the WAR when installing/uninstalling plugins or rule extensions
- The WAR file must be deployed on the host which contains the Sonar directory
- The WAR file must be rebuilt when the Sonar directory is moved
- The WAR file must be rebuilt when a configuration file is updated (directory conf/)
- The property sonar.rules.extensionsPath is not supported anymore