This is with great pleasure that the Groovy team is announcing today the release of Groovy 2.2, the latest version of the Groovy programming language.
Groovy 2.2 features:
- Implicit closure coercion
- @Memoized AST transformation for methods
- Define base script classes with an annotation
- New DelegatingScript base class for scripts
- New @Log variant for the Log4j2 logging framework
- @DelegatesTo with generics type tokens
- Precompiled type checking extensions
- Groovysh enhancements
- Bintray's JCenter repository
- OSGi manifests for the “invoke dynamic” JARs
- And other minor bug fixes, enhancements and performance improvements
You can read more detailed release notes as well as have a look at all the JIRA issues fixed.
Then download Groovy 2.2 while it's hot!
Thanks a lot to all the users, contributors, developers who contributed to that release!